Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Birth of a Blogger

Someone actually told me that they thought I would make a great blogger. But you should always discount anything your mother tells you (except, perhaps, that admonition not to hold one's penis in public).

Still, the idea that I have thoughts, and that those thoughts might entertain you, the reader, however briefly, has convinced me to render this digital version of my erstwhile newsletter.

Sadly, I am already bored.

Anyway, some random thoughts, and then I'll leave you to mull all this over in the privacy of your own cubicle.

One: the Oakland Athletics. What part of "Opening Day" didn't they get? I don't care if it was a Friday – play the game in the sunlight!

Two: am I just too cynical, or is there something completely jingoistic and simultaneously infantile about a political candidate who would aspire to make the United States "the greatest nation in the history of the world?" Uh, numb-nuts? The Greeks, Romans, Aztecs, Gauls, Huns, Celts, Aryans, Egyptians, Africans and every other country, culture or people that ever contributed to this country we call America just called to say, "Go down to the bank, take out a big withdrawal and buy a clue!"

Three: there is no number three.

Four: speaking of self-important crapola, just where do I get off thinking anybody would give a rat's ass about what I think? Hey, if you're still reading this far, I blame you.

Five: this was all so much easier when I had pictures to fill up the blank space.

Later, gators,

D. Ross

No comments:

Post a Comment